• Service matter

I with others selected by uppsc in 2000 in hill cader for post principal govt school before reorganisation of up.On 9 Nov 2000 state of Uttarakhand came into existence.Candidates selectrf in plain cader got appointment in U P.Govt of Uttarakhand took decision on 29 Aug 2001not to give appointment to uppsc candidates. We moved to High Court Uk who gave direction to govt to give appointment.Govt of Uk filed appeal in Supreme Court.Su court in order dated 5 June 2003  Govt of Uk is not bound to give appointment and appeal allowed.Later in 2008 and afterwords we come to know that Govt Of Uk gave joining to 25 Principals of plain cader who were working in UP and not allocated by Central Govt to Uk.Also one candidate selected in same examination with us but selected in plain cader and appointed by Govt of UP had gave joining by Govt of Uk and absorbed permanently in 2008 by Govt of Uk.We again put the matter in High court  Ntl but Court dispose off the matter by saying govt of Uk has made principal post promotional.Again on reply filed to DOPT Govt of India I got reply that Govt of India took a decision in 2000 to keep the recruitment of uppsc selected candidates in abayance till issue of final allocation order and now it is responsibility of State Govt to resume the recruitment process.We are adviced to contact state govt.Letters in this regard are from 2014 oneards and latest one of Feb 2016.We put the matter with Govt but nothing fruitful conclusion till date.Whether we have legal way to pursu the matter in view of (1)DOPT letter stating that responsibilty to resume recruitment process with state govt(2) One candidate selected in same examination by uppsc with us and which may have lower marks than us is working in Uttarakhand
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Almora, Uttarakhand
You can file writ in HC to direct govt to resume recruitment process 

2) you can also challenge appointment of person selected with you  but given appointment by govt of Uttarakhand 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) It is unfortunate first of all that you have been caught up in the bureaucratic and administrative apathy.

 2) You can certainly pursue the matter legally as the state government is not taking steps to resume  the recruitment process which it ought to have done as per DOPT Govt of India. Approach the High court with a Writ as it has been a long wait and the changing governments  can not be allowed to totally disregard your plight.

3) If exemption can be made in the case of one of the candidates, this is indeed a fit case for you as well.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2240 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since your matter has been entrusted by the crt to the government of UK you may have to follow it up through the government machinery only or else you can take up this matter with the supreme court.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35750 Answers
388 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer