• Traffic violation

I had jumped a signal and was stopped by a traffic police in Mumbai Andheri area. I did not stop and went away, Later on, the cop chased me and gave me Form L TEM and asked me to come to the court after fifteen days to collect my licence. I need to know what is the procedure to get my licence back and if i can get it before the 15 days. Also how much would be the fine ?

Thank you.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
You have to appear in the court, pay the fine, whereupon the license will be handed over to you. The fine could be 500. You cannot get it before 15 fays.

on said date you have to appear in court . when your name is called out judge will ask you whether you plead guilty or not 

2) on your pleading guilty nominal fine would be imposed and you can collect your licence 

1)it depends upon number of cases on court board on said date

2) be prepared to wait for around 2 hours or so in court

2-3 hours.