• Can I demand my property or some money

I am from kolkata we are twio brothers and four sisters. My mother had left a three storey building  without will. My 2 brothers and three sisters  took me in case but  that time I have lost my husband and I have forced to compromise and take some money and leave my property then they have told me that we are not divide property with their sisters.Now after 8 years they want to divide that property within themselves. Can I again demand my property or some money legally?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
you have not mentioned that when you decided to compromise and take some money did you sign any document relinquishing your share in  the property ?
. did you accept the money in full and final settlement of your claim .?

 if you have done so i am afraid you cannot claim any share . contact a local lawyer . it is necessary to go through the document signed by you in the court case to advise
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
49365 Answers
2944 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Above is the advise in the case.If you have 
ready settled the issue after taking money ,nothing can be done unless you were minor at that time.
Anil Gupta,
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You have stated that your 2 brothers and sisters took you 'in case'. What does this mean? Did you mean to say that a case was filed against you and you lost it? If yes, then did you file an appeal in the appellate court? If you lost the case then your rights will be determined on the touchstone of the judgment rendered by the court in that case. As this will necessarily require a perusal of all the documents including the court order, if any, you are advised to consult a local lawyer.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23958 Answers
668 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer