• Section 138

I had given cheques of Rs 50000/- to a colleague of mine to pass on to few people whom I owed money in Jaipur. He asked me to give it in his wife's name (with whom I have no business and social relation - whom I had never met). She never contacted any body to come and collect the money and did not even informed me but deposited the cheque. Having come to know I stopped the cheque payment. she filled a case under section 138 but the judgement came in my favor that the case was filed after due date and so dismissed. Now she has filled in Rajasthan High court, I stay in Delhi. Please advice me how to go about it.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from New Delhi, Delhi
plz let me know where first case was filed. it might be in front of magistrate. on what ground she has approached to high court plz mention all thing in detail to get proper advice
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Contact your earlier lawyer.If you don't want him or he is not taking up your case,pl inform the details of grounds in High Court.There your new lawyer can request for exemption of your personal appearance, if needed.

Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Agree with Mr. Anil
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer