• Case of bribe against an IT officer under CBI investigation

An IT officer was caught red handed while taking bribe from me. CBI has reported the case and I am the witness of the case. Court gave me summon to present in hearing. Due to my personal problem I would not be able to present for twice. But the court rejected my application in this regard and issued bailable warrant. There is another hearing coming soon, and that day also I won't be able to present. What are the options available to court that can be taken against me and how can I save myself from the situation until I can support the court in the case? I have some serious problem which I can't avoid  for coming few days.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Lumding, Assam
you have already remained absent from court twice . hence court issued bailable warrant against you . dont take court summons lightly .

 if you fail to attend on next date court will issue non bailable warrant  against you . 

it would be in your own interest to attend court on next date . 

if you are unable to attend court engage a local lawyer and make application for cancellation of bailable warrant issued against you and request court to give another date for your appearance .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46916 Answers
2775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Above reply is clear and must take action accordingly.
Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The court had already issued summons to you twice and you did not turn up. It is your failure to be present in the court which resulted in bailable warrants being issued to you. If you do not appear this time then non-bailable warrants will be issued against you, which effectively means the police will arrest and produce you in the court.

If you cannot appear in the court on the date fixed then engage a lawyer and apply for cancellation of warrant.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer