1. If she files for a 498a, will the police come and jail my parents without any inquiry or have rules changed since 2014 supreme court ruling, and the police will first make an enquiry/seek magistrate's order etc? My parents reside in Hyderabad so I would like answers from lawyers residing in this city too. I need an absolute CLEAR and HONEST answer for this question because my old parents cannot go through this trauma and embarrassment.
In the event of she lodging a criminal complaint for dowry demand against your parents, the police, if she has taken care of them by bribing them, then the police will terrorise your parents initially to show their loyalty towards the graft received. But they cannot arrest your parents without conducting formal inquiry, however they may prepare report stating they have conducted inquiry and found prima facie a cognisable offence for justifying their act. Hence, sooner your parents receive a call from police, let them first contact a good local lawyer and arrange for AB before visiting police station for attending the inquiry session. The rules on papers will be different, but the police are popularly known for flouting rules in their favor.
2. If she files a 498a, how long do I need to avoid coming to India? I had read 1 year, is it true?
Legally you are supposed to appear before the investigating officer immediately on receiving notice,but you keep avoiding the receipt of notice. The one year limitation period is not an exemption.
3. Can I send talaq notification to wife from US instead of having to come to India? If yes, I have to contact the qazi?
Yes you can send a talaq notification from US itself, by having it witnessed and sent by a registered post. Qazi has no role to play in it.
4. Our marriage was registered in Karnataka. Can I send talaq papers from Hyderabad?
5. Can wife file a false harassment or abuse/violence case on ME at the US consulate?
No. Her complaint will not be entertained by the US consulate in India.
6. Is it a good idea NOT to renew her greencard in 6 months so that she at least can be barred from bothering me in the US?
It is your decision. If you do not want to live with her anymore, you can decide not to renew the same anymore in the future.