• Frightening telephone calls

I have received a call on mobile from a person named Dixit on 1/8/2016 stating that some one is complaining about my so called misconduct/corruption etc to our Chairman and other higher authorities, which is troublesome to me. He also stated that Mr Ghag Nitin has typed this complaint . I m working in MSRTC, as Sectional Engineer (Electrical) at Vidyavihar , Mumbai. Can i complain against this call to persons i suspect who are behind this call ? whether it is necessary to take permission from my mCorporation before complaining?
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) ignore the call 

2) as and when you receive any show cause notice deny the allegations made 

3) you can if you so desire inform your superiors about call received by you 

4) you cannot blame any person on mere suspicion 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44164 Answers
2561 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a police complaint against the caller under the provisions of Information Technology Act.Police will trace out the call through its cyber crime wing. You are not required to obtain permission from your employer before lodging the complaint.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is a hoax call by some mischief monger in order to extort money from you or seeking some out of way favors which you should be careful about it.

You can take legal action against the caller if you dont recognise the caller and if the information told you over phone is causing inconvenience to you.

You can inform the management of your office about this mischievous call as well.

Until you are not involved in any scam or scandal as threatened over phone, you need not be afraid of such bogus claims.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34322 Answers
367 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer