• How can I claim Security Deposit - I have moved out before lockin

Can I claim Security Deposit where I have moved out of rented flat where lockin period was 6 months, I stayed in the flat only for 3 months, now landlord is not reverted anywhere when I am asking for security deposit, shall I complain at police station or send any notice to landlord, Can I get my deposit back anyhow ?
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) landlord will recover 3 months rent from your security deposit and refund you balance 

2) send legal notice to landlord to return your SD  

You cannot go to police for this.

You can issue a legal notice demanding the security deposit

However if you have agreed for the conditions and have signed the same you may not be eligible for refund of security deposit if the conditions do not permit.

Try to solve he issue amicably instead of planning to initiate legal action which may not fetch you the desired result if the landlord is adamant about it. 

The SD stands forfeited if you moved out before the expiry of the lock in period. Furthermore, the landlord can file a suit in the small causes court to recover the rent of the remaining 3 months with damages. One who seeks equity must do equity.