• First time drunk and drive case

Delhi traffic police seized my driving licence and gave me a challan with a next month date to visit Dwarka court. 

I don't anything as this my first time and I'm really afraid what will happen next and how should I go to court. I also don't know the consequences please help.
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from Delhi, Haryana

There is nothing to be afraid about this.

You may have to visit the concerned court on the date of hearing, pay the fine show the receipt to the police and take back your driving licence.

I am very confused should I hire a lawyer or just go to the room number which is specified in the challan I have never been to in this situation my reading on breath meter was 140. Please help im really affraid as I checked on internet that it could also lead to jail.please

It is just a petty case. 

The police will file the challan before the court, court will impose fine on you.

You can pay the fine with the babu sitting there

Obtain the receipt and show it to the police.

The police will hand you over the driving licence. 

No jail or anything for this offence.

For drunken driving you can be sent to jail, and the courts are now sending accused persons to jail. Take it seriously as it is a criminal offence. Engage a lawyer for your defence. 

1) you should go to court

2) plead guilty pay the fine imposed by court . 

3) not necessary to engage lawyter

1) on first offence court would not send you to jail 

2)court imposes fine . 

3) you dont need a lawyer but if you are  scared engage a lawyer