• Accident

I was travelling to my office and wanted to take left turn,but suddenly one motor bike came in front of wanted to go right I applied break,but one more moter bike was coming behind me applied break and slipped due to which biker got injured his leg fracture.His bike did not touch my car. The person who got injured is police man and is asking me to pay for hospital bills other wise he will register complaint against me.please confirm me what can be done...
Asked 5 months ago in Civil Law from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
It is better to pay the hospital bills to avoid lengthy court battle 

2) legally you were not responsible for biker leg fracture as you had to apply brakes as another biker came in front of your car 

3) if he files case and you contest you would surely win the case 
He is making a legitimate demand. He is only asking you to pay his hospital bills and not seeking compensation. If you do not do so then he may file a criminal complaint for rash and negligent driving and causing hurt.
1) take letter from biker that X amount has been paid in full and final settlement and that he shall not take any legal proceedings for recovery of any compensation on account of the accident 
Then dare him to go and file a complaint. No need to take a declaration from him.
The policeman can very well get the medical bills reimbursed either through his office mediclaim adjustments or by claiming the motor insurance of any of the vehicle involved in the accident. 

You may refuse to pay the same and ask him to register FIR.

Once FIR is registered you may obtain station bail and then challenge the case in the court during trial.

Dont pay him anything or get scared due to his nature of job.
OK. But what if ask me more money after I pay hospital bills,he my start demand more money.seems no end to this...do I need to take any declaration from him .

In my opinion it is going to be never ending process hence you can nip it in the bud itself.

Refuse to bude to his demand and face the case before the court during trial proceedings.

Let him apply for insurance claim separately.