• Brindabanpur Defence Colony

A defense land had been distributed among 106 Ex-serviceman's, date back in the year 1992.
carrecter of the Land - Dahipuratanpatit
Donner of Land - Governor of West-Bengal
Under Law - 49(A)
Main Clause - Not transferable
                     - Use for Agriculture
Land per person - 2.17 Acre
Among 106 ex-serviceman 20% are no more, rest of them are very old.

I am also an ex serviceman and son of one of the said Plot holder, and now working President of Brindabanpur Defense Colony Reg.Society.

We want to change the carecter of the property as" RAYATI" so we are the next generation can able to mutation the land in our name.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Barrackpur, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
1) on demise of your father you can obtain legal heir certificate 

2) make application to Tehsildar for mutation of land in name of the legal heirs

3) any Raiyat desiring to make any change in the area, character or utilization of any land under his/her ownership may apply to the Collector of the concerned district for permission

4) Fees for conversion of land as per circular no. 4403/L.R./3M-135/05 GE (M) dated 28.12.2005 of the Land & Land Reforms Department
The application fee for any conversion petition shall be Rs. 10/- only irrespective of the quantum and category of land.

5) Necessary Documents:
An application in Prescribed Format with requisite payment of Process Fee for Conversion in court fee stamps affixed on it or in cash, a copy of the registered deed of transfer, copy of the Rent Receipt showing the payment of up to date revenue of the land in question, copy of the Mutation Certificate, “No Objection Certificate” from the landowners of the adjacent plots of land, Copies of map of the suit plot of land along with adjacent plots of land and any other document that may be required by the Collector for disposal.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46704 Answers
2763 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The government has allotted the landed property to the landless defence people or ex servicemen as a welfare measure with the instructions therein.
Any violation to the claus or conditions of allotment may attract cancellation or any other legal action against the viater.
There should be provisions for the property to be inherited by the legal heirs of the deceased ex servicemen.
You may verify the rules in this regard and make a representation to the competent authority about your proposal 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36866 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

To change the character of the land you have to apply to the District Collector who can permit the change of character subject to the rules laid down in this regard by the state. However, the embargo on transfer of the land does not prevent you from mutating it in your favour.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23120 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer