• Child abuse

I would like to discuss with any experts, in connection with an under age girl (16-17) being lured into a love affair thru the medium facebook, and now in a ruined state. Anyone in this area of expertise (criminal law), child protection, women's rights please respond and will give full story. I am happy to pay for expert advice on this matter.
Thank  you.
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from United Kingdom
Religion: Hindu
1) kindly mention detailed facts of your case . 

2) under the provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.sex with minor  without her consent  is an offence 

3) case of rape can be filed against accused under section 375 of IPC as accused had sex with girl under age of 18 years with or without her consent 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
32317 Answers
1785 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Most of us are experts here are proficient in the law of criminal jurisprudence and hence you are free to share your story.
I may inform that if the girl has eloped with someone then case of kidnapping can be filed agaisnt her lover.
Apart from that no case lies.
You can send me e-mail at devajyoti_barman@yahoo.co.in.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8555 Answers
102 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

The parents of the victim or affected girl should have moved the law enforcing authority seeking legal action against the offenders  immediately on the information of crime that took place.
There are various women welfare organisations NGO working for the welfare and to help mitigate their problems to the destitute and victimised adolescent girls who can be approached for helping this girl to come out of her depression and also for initiating proper legal action against the culprits. 
One such organisation or an NGO by name 'Hope House' whose objective is Empowering youngsters with information pertaining to adolescence, reproductive health and sexuality etc to maintain their dignity and to prevent sexual crimes.  In the name of project yuva which is an acronym that stands for children who had become a victim of severe form of sexual harassment.
There is law in force recently enacted in the name of 'Protection Of Children from Sexual Offences Act'.
POCSO Act, primarily recognizes four kinds of crimes names assault (always physical), harassment (always non-physical but has sexual intent), using children for pornographic purposes and abetment of/ attempting to commit a sexual crime against a child.
 POCSO Act also ensures the privacy of a reporting child so no child need to be afraid of reporting of the crime to the police.       
An action may be initiated by moving a complaint under this act with the concerned police too.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
22484 Answers
219 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are at liberty to consult any member of this portal for a comprehensive legal opinion on all the facets of the felony that may have been committed.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20451 Answers
542 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Post the facts to suggest you the remedies and provide solutions, if any. 
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
14603 Answers
338 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer