• Lost property registry papers

I have lost my house registry paper, what now?

I have somehow lost the house registry papers, my father is unable to find them (although they arent stolen but misplaced)
 what can be done now? What should be our next steps?
I am based in Gujarat, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Religion: Hindu
Lodge a FIR in the nearest police station for the loss of your title deeds and then you can obtain a certified copy of the same from the office of jurisdictional sub-registrar.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) file FIR about loss of original documents and issue public notice

2)apply for certified copy from sub registrar office 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46896 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the lost title documents are not traceable, first you lodge a police complaint about the missing document giving the details of documents and the probable place and time since when the document is found to be missing.
You may issue a newspaper publication in a leading local newspaper about the missing documents and request the finder to hand it over to you 
After this step, you may apply for photo copies of the registered documents through SRO concerned by attaching the police complaint, non-traceable certificate by police and newspaper advertisement.
After that you can use this certified copy for all the purpose as the original document.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37093 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer