• Non dc converted query

Sir , am planning to purchase an independent site in bangalore of 20*25 with all clear titles under BBMP limits in Hulimavu, BG Road, Bangalore. This site was under CMC Bommanahalli till 2008 and later on it has been joined under BBMP and the site was not DC converted. not only this site all sites/ house in Hulimavu were not DC converted. Is it safe to purchase this site?  and in future can i convert this site into A khata?.   please suggest me is there any alternative document for DC concvrsion copy to be produced to bank to avail home loan.

Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
A DC (District Commissioner) certificate is acquired to change the property status from an agricultural land use to a non-agricultural land use viz., residential use or industrial use.

2)   It is issued by a competent authority by requesting the department of Town and Country Planning to issue a NOC for the conversion of such a land. In order to get a DC Conversion Certificate, the land owner should submit various documents such as ownership documents, a photo copy of the land survey number, a photo copy of the revenue survey map of the village denoting the location of the land proposed for conversion and any other information required by the authority.

3) do not purchase the site . ask the seller to get conversion done then only purchase the land 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46704 Answers
2763 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

DC stands for District Commissioner.
Conversion of land from agriculture to non-agriculture status is called land conversion.
Agriculture lands, also called as Revenue Lands, can be used only for agricultural activities. In case, a person wishes to use it for non-agricultural purposes like residential, commercial, industrial, etc. then legal permission must be obtained by paying a nominal fee to the District Commissioner. Hence, the process is often referred to as DC Conversion.
The process includes obtaining No Objection Certificate from the Town Planning Authority under Section 95 of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act. 1964.

Land conversion is not permitted for all properties. DC conversion may be cancelled or withdrawn by DC without prior notice to the applicant.

If you are planning to purchase a site which has not been converted by the DC then it will become your duty to apply for the process of the conversion for which the following documents are to be submitted along with the application form:
Original record of Rights and Tenancy Certificate.
Photocopy of Atlas of the land- which shows the actual measurement of the land for conversion in meters and must be signed by the concerned authority of Department of Survey Title and Land Records.
Photocopy of Revenue Survey Map of the village that shows the location of the land.
Site Plan- in case the conversion is proposed for construction purpose.
Any other information required by the authority.
The authority, on receiving an application, requests the department of town and country planning (DTCP) to issue NOC for converting the land.
Now you can think whether you would like to go ahead with the purchase of the site or not.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36866 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. As per the General rule of law, agricultural property cannot be used for residential purpose unless converted for non agricultural purpose. Therefore, first, change of land use is mandatory as per the CDP if the land coming different zone. Later, conversion to be made. But........

B. Where a property is situated within the municipal area or corporation limits that conversion of the land is not mandatory. These land can be utitlized by paying betterment fee. 

C. DIVISION BENCH OF KARNATAKA HIGH COURT consisting of THE HON'BLE MR.JUSTICE K.L.MANJUNATH AND THE HON'BLE MR.JUSTICE V.SURI APPA RAO in the case of M Muninarayana Swamy, vs State Of Karnataka reported in ILR 2012 KAR 3428, held that ……………….. when the property situated within the Town Municipal Council area when Town Municipal Council has collected development charges from the appellants and granted plan for construction of the compound and in the planning area if it has lost the character of agriculture, the Dy. Commissioner will not get any right to cancel the khata on the ground that the appellants have not obtained an order of conversion. …………… Therefore, we are of the opinion that there is no necessity for the appellants to obtain conversion from agriculture to non-agriculture, if the area comes within the Town Municipal council limits and in the background of Town Municipal Council collecting the developmental charges and treated as Municipal property.

B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
836 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer