• Obc caste certificate issue - mumbai- 4 yrs old daughter

I have an issue in terms of caste certificate (OBC) issuance for my 4 year old daughter.

My father was working in Indian Railways in Mumbai since year 1964 and staying in Mumbai. There is no proof in terms of ration card, electricity bill or telephone water bills before 1967. However service certificate is available. Fathers caste certificate from m.p is available too.
My caste certificate (issued from old customs mumbai and validity certificate to) are available. I am born in a small town of m.p, however all my studies and work has been in Mumbai. I have a ration card and valid domicile certificate also.we currently stay in goregaon since 10 yrs, however earlier we stayed in Government accomodation in matunga.
Pls note - All required document are there apart from proof of stay certificate ( referred as vatsalya purava by old custom house officials). When contacted with old custom house they denied rcving the application for want of this document.
pls suggest how to cater to this situation.

rgds
anand
Asked in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
For procuring community certificate you have to apply for the same in writing to the Revenue department or Tehsildar within your residential jurisdiction. 
After applying for it you should comly with the legal requirements namely, the copies of proof of residence, your father's community, your residential proof, your educational certificates etc.
If the authority is rejecting the same with any reasonyou may try to rectify and re-submit the same.
If that is not possbile then you may file a suit to declare your commnunity by the court based on the documentary proof you possess and a direction toconcerned authority to issue you with the relevant community certificate based on the court judgment.
Take the help of a lawyer when all your efforts with the revenue department fails to yield any fruit,.

The documentary evidences to prove your community, residential proof, your father's community and other details are sufficient for filing a declaratory suit before a court competent seeking declaration of your community and a direction to the concerned authorities to issue you with the OBC certificate as per the court orders.

Only the state wherein the birth has taken place and the applicant is residing permanently can issue such certificate and it shall be issued by Executive Magistrate. Obtain an application, annex copy of ration card, your affidavit, the verification by local municipal commissioner and after completion of all such formalities the desired certificate shall be issued to you if your caste falls within the category. You may have to move the HC for necessary directions.

1)  you can rely upon any of the Following Evidence To Prove The Ordinary Residence
Attested Copies Of The First And The Last Page Of The Ration Card Or
Attested Copy Of The Electricity Bill Or
Attested Copy Of The Extract Of The Electoral Roll Or
Attested Copy Of The Rent Receipt

2)since you dont have any of the aforesaid documents you should rely upon father service certificate which proves he was residing in mumbai at that relevant time .

3) if you have grand father bank passbook it would refelct his residential address

4) if authorities refuse to consider these documents you have no option but to file writ in HC to direct authorities to consider these documents as evidence of his stay in mumbai before 1967