• Stamp duty

I have purchased my flat in Dec 1984. I have sent my document for registration on 5 Rs stamp paper. As on today I have not received my document back from department.what step I have to take. Secondly is there stamp duty I have to pay. 
Thanks.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
What were you doing for 32 years?

2) did you make inquires with the sub registrar office ? 

3) do you have original receipt ?

4) if so make inquiries with registration authorities 

What do you mean by sending?
For registration one has to present the deed before the Registrar on payment of full stamp duty for completion of the registration procedure which is done on the same day.
I am not clear what actual you have done.

For which registration did you send the documents? Was the sale deed not registered when you purchased the flat? 

You should have followed up with the registrar's office where you had sent the documents for registration.

How did you send them, through a broker or by post or in person?

The documents just on Rs. 5/- stamp paper will not fulfill the stamp duty requirement.

You may have to pay the registration charges too besides paying the applicable stamp duty as per the nature of the deed.

You can personally follow it up with the registrar's office staff and confirm its status as well as other requirements to be compiled with  in this regard.