Change in name after marriage
I have a property which i want to sell.
But when i bought the property it was on my sur name(Jammalamadaka) which changed after marriage.
What should i do now to sell the property?
on my current sur name(Turlapati)
Asked 5 months ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
1) for change of name you have to execute an affidavit of name change . have it duly notarised
2) you should change your name by publication in official gazettee and 2 local newspapers
3) in case you sell the property after marriage the sale deed would reflect your new name . it would contain a recital that after marriage your name has been changed and it has been published in the official gazettee and local newspapers
Thanks for advice ajay,
can i get a sample affidavit format ?
Asked 5 months ago
I, __________ daughter of _____________ and wife of _________ aged
___, residing at __________________, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as
1. That my maiden name is J.ammalamadaka)
2. That I got married to Shri. (name of the husband) on (date of marriage) at
(place of marriage).
3. After marriage my name is _____(Turlapati) and all the records have the same
4. I have not obtained the marriage certificate.
5. I state that (maiden name) and the (present name) is the name of one and
the same person and that is myself.
I am executing this declaration to be submitted to the concerned
authorities for the change of name.
I hereby state that whatever is stated herein above are true to the best of my
Solemnly affirmed at ________ )
On this 25 day of June 2016 ) (Signature of the Applicant)
You must be having some proof of identity with your changes name i.e Turlapati. When you execute the sale deed you can produce that document on demand and also execute an affidavit to state that you and Jammalamadaka are one and the same person.
You can sell it as per the name in the document itself, you dont complicate the issue sby selling it on a different name.
There is no problem if you sell it by your current name but for that you may have to make an affidavit for change of name and get it published in the newspaper as well as government gazette after which your name will be changed and attaching a copy of the government gazette publication along with the registered sale deed document you can proceed with the desired object. .
For a sample affidavit or format you can have a private consultation with any of the lawyers here in this forum or in your local area.
Get the affidavit from a local lawyer.