Private limited company is a separate legal entity registered under companies Act, 2013. The directors and shareholders of the private company are not personally liable for the liabilities of the company. Shareholders have limited liability and are responsible only to the extent of their share in the company.
The following may be ensured before acquiring the partnership firm by the private limited company:
1. Check either MOA of the company empowered it or not.
2. Consent of all partners obtained or not
3. All statutory due of the partnership firm have been disbursed or not
4. Proper valuation of the partnership firm done or not
5. Appropriate resolution for the sake has been passed or not.
6. Consent of the creditors has been taken or not.
7. How adjustment of assets and liability of the partnership firm to be adjusted.
8. How partner's account/settlement disbursed.
To your questions:
a) Yes it is as good as acquiring anything by the private limited company in its routine business.
b) You can see the above check list in this regard.
c) This is a matter to be discussed with your bank officials and an arrangement can be arrived at accordingly.