• Liabilities after resigning from the services

I have resigned from the post of specialist agriculture officer of a commercial bank(Public Sector) as on 08/01/2014 and my resignation was accepted and was subsequently relieved from the job after payment of dues. after that i had joined another PSU and is working presently since then. Now suddenly through a friend of mine from previous organization i have heard that certain agriculture loans which i have recommended during my tenure in last organization came out as impersonated. organization has not contacted me for this till now and i was communicated by my friend a year ago.
since then somewhere in my mind i feel tense and i am totally unaware what is cooking in my past organization.
i want to ask what my past organization can do and can it affect my future endeavors.
Asked 6 months ago in Labour from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) on what basis you recommended those loans ?

2) did you not check the identity and address proof of the borrower ?

3) in case any inquiry is ordered you would be granted an opportunity to submit your reply and only after personal hearing would any order be passed 
1) if loan was sanctioned on basis of KYC documents and land holding certificate verified by advocate you cannot be blamed if borrowers impersonated others in connivance with locals 

2)you would not loose your job in your current organisation 
If the situation is tormenting you mentally and are having sleepless nights, you may take leave and visit your previous office as a friendly visit and enquire from the staff confidentially about any such things and its status. 
In my opinion, since there has been no communication to you nor there is any notice from your previous employer with regard to any such malpractice or the alleged irregularity, better dont be worried about it, no decision can be taken against you without hearing you or conducting a proper inquiry.
1.  Since it was based on the opinion and recommendation of a panel advocate, an inquiry may be first initiated against the panel lawyer of the bank along with the currently available staff who were involved in this subject that day for their reply since you are no more employed by the organisation.

2.  You should make sure to not to accept the liability at any time nor admit your fault.  The local are anyone may be involved in the scandal, but you pretend as if you are not in the knowledge of any  such misappropriations or fraud.

Since this is an inquiry related to your previous employment for which you dont have any information as on the date of your leaving the organisation, as a matter of fact you are not in the knowledge of them even now, you may just wait and watch the developments silently and prepare to face the inquiry with the support of documentary evidences in your favor.   The inquiry if is within the organisation then there is not problem for your present employment. 
For all the acts done by you during the course of your employment you continue to be liable even after you have ceased to be an employee of the institution. It was your duty to conduct due diligence before sanctioning loans. The organization can launch a criminal prosecution for criminal conspiracy to commit the offence of forgery and cheating if it produce some evidence to show that the documents given were forged and the loan was sanctioned by you. Furthermore, it can also file a suit for compensation against you for the losses it has suffered.