• Neighbors trying to grab agricultural land

We have our agricultural land in Maharashtra at our nativ place called Dharmabad.After my father's death I (Sharda (age 24)) look after property and other things as elder kid.As we stay in another city and hardly visit our land,neighboring people started grabbing our land from all sides they destroyed boundaries between their farm and ours and came inside our farm.
People think of me as a young lady cant do anything without support.I tried talking to respective people but they are not ready to listen anything.

Could you please suggest if I can log police complaint against them,or what action we can take.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
This is trespassing which is a criminal offence and hence you can file case and register FIR agaisnt them.
If the police does not act against your complaint then move the Magistrate's court u/s 15693) crpc.
Alternatively file civil suit for eviction of trespassers from your land.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12804 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lodge a police complaint for criminal trespass and also file a civil suit for injunction against neighbours to restrain them from trespassing your property. Once they succeed in usurping your land it will be an uphill task to recover it from them, so preventive remedy is the most efficacious remedy. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can lodge police complaint of criminal trespass against your neighbours under section 441 of IPC 

Section 441 of Indian Penal Code, 1860 which defines ‘criminal trespass’ as ‘Whoever enters into or upon property in possession of another with intent to commit an offence or to intimidate, insult or annoy any person in possession of such property, or having lawfully entered and unlawfully remains there

2) you can also move civil  court and seek court orders for removal of the encroachment on your property and injunction restraining them disturbing your possession of land 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45424 Answers
2668 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can lodge a police complaint for trespass and land grabbing offences.
You can get the property surveyed by a government surveyor and get it demarcated, fenced by barbed wire fencing and secure it
If the property or a portion has been occupied by unauthorised people, you may file a civil suit for possession and declaration of title as well as injunction as an interim relief restraining them from alienating the property till the disposal of suit.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35601 Answers
385 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer