• Need support

Dear Team,

I need support as i feel clueless of what should be the right legal action that i should take against this. A man who was a saint with one renowned institution was asked to leave the institute coz he was found to violate the norms of the institution.

My friend wanted me to give him a shelter, which i did and helped him. He got married to my friend. My husband being in insurance working as a sales manager was asked by him to help him invest the money. Which was an understanding between the two and i was unaware of the terms and conditions shared between them.

the investment was on market risk, and now he is harassing me by sending sms that he would kidnap my son, and that i have cheated him. which is not true. He has even sent me a notice from the advocate stating i have cheated him which is completely false. He has been staying at my place and i had given him shelter, not to get this humiliation and harassment. 

I work with a reputed company and he keeps threatening me of sending a letter to my work place. Which is not acceptable. 

After telling him clearly that please speak to my husband and shall help he always tries to harass me, and has even used foul language to give me mental torture.

I need immediate help please as this is bothering me a lot.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Please visit the nearest police station and register a complaint against him with the inputs as given above, including harassment and extortion.

thanks.
Feroz A. Shaikh
You can file a criminal complaint against him u/s 386 of IPC before police or court. the police is duty bound to registered a case on your complaint without any delay, as per the judgment of SC. (Lalitha Kumari vs State of UP)
You and you husband should reply to the notice and also take police help.
Anil Kumar
Above all three actions are in order and you need not accept the situation further.

Anil Gupta
Delhi
Anil Gupta
You should follow a two fold strategy to deal with this erstwhile saint.

1. At first engage a lawyer so that he can reply to the legal notice sent by this man. The reply would have to be drafted on the lines of the allegations mentioned in the notice. Lawyers are trained legal minds, so your lawyer will decide how to protect your legal interests. 

2. Immediately go to the nearest police station and file a FIR against this man for threatening to kidnap your son and harassing you.
This letter from your lawyer will be notice.
Anil Gupta
Delhi
Anil Gupta
What you are referring to as a "letter'' is in legal parlance called a "legal notice''. You have taken the right step by engaging a lawyer to reply to the legal notice issued by this man. FIR would help in bringing this saint to book for violating the law.