• Passport adverse Police Verification report

I applied for a renewal of passport in October 2015 in Delhi. I had initially got a new passport in 2006. The house in delhi is in my uncles name and i have stayed with him in the delhi house for more than 10 years. All my address proof right from Adhar to Voters ID to my school and college degrees are from the house in Delhi. I moved to Bangalore in 2007 and have been travelling to various locations because of work since then. I dont have a valid address proof in Bangalore. 
Now the house in delhi is rented out for almost an year and my uncle does not live in that house in Delhi. When i renewed my passport in October 2015 i gave the address proof for the same old house since i didnot had any other valid address proof. As it was under Tatkal the passport came within 4 days. After which I followed up with the inspector to get the police verification complete as i had to travel, police verification was completed in 2 days after i got my passport. He also got to know about the situation of the rented house and asked me to write an application stating my situation.
On May 16th 2016 I got an adverse police verification report stating that I had suppressed the material information. And I need to give a clarification as to why my passport should not be impounded. I am currently in bangalore and not sure how i should proceed with the reply as i still dont have a valid address proof for bangalore.

Please suggest what should be my reply.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
1) you have to submit your reply that your uncle house in delhi is your permanent address as you have stayed in said house for over 10 years and it has been rented out temporarily

2) temporary address is of bangalore 

3) there is no suppression of material information 

4) you must be having your leave and license agreement with landlord in bangalore if you are staying in rented flat . that would be address proof . 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45421 Answers
2668 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have received a notice from passport authorities directing you to show cause that why action should not be taken against you for the alleged mis information about your address, you may have to give a proper reply to the notice giving the details of yourself.
The details should contain the information about your employment, nature of job, various addresses and reasons for not quoting any of the present addresses etc. You should satisfactorily explain the nature of your job with documentary proof supporting your affidavit in this regard. 
This may help you solve the issue.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35580 Answers
385 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have stated that you moved to Bangalore in 2007, so you must be residing somewhere in the city. How come you are based in Bangalore without a house, owned or rented, to live in? You ought to have furnished true information i.e you are residing in Bangalore. 

2. Now approach the RPO through an affidavit stating that it was a bona fide mistake. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Consult a lawyer personally to chalk out your reply.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer