• Purchase of 3-4 acres of agricultural land for doing agriculture

I belong to a non-agricultural family. I did my graduation, B.Sc (Agri) since 1975, from a renowned Agril. University of India & then served with Soil Conservation Deptt & Agriculture Department for 3 years and finally joined State Bank of India as a Rural Development Officer. I remained directly involved with mass scale rural Agriculture & Allied Agricultural Development work, Pisciculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry Development etc. and after covering different assignments of the Bank retired as Chief Manager on 31.05.2013.
Since my daughters have settled at Bengaluru, I planned to settle too at Karnataka and start up my own Intensive Agricultural Farm consisting 4-5 acres and simultaneously guide the farmers of the place with latest high tech extensive Agril farming. 
I am said that I can not purchase any agricultural land in Karnataka since I am not from an agl. family. As such, please advise me the following :
1. Shall my so long involvement with agricultural development of different places of the country would not make me eligible for purchase of a piece of agricultural land in Karnataka to start my own   
Agricultural Farm vis-a-vis help the local farmers to improve their quality of work.
2. Can I apply for a special consideration for permission to the appropriate Revenue Authority since beside achieving my self development the local farmers development is also intended for.
3. Can I apply for taking lease of Agricultural land from a farmer or from Karnataka Government.
4. If reply to my all the above questions are in negative, please suggest me any other alternative.
Asked 6 months ago in Property Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
1) your annual income should not be more than Rs 25 lakhs 

2) you would require prior permission from deputy commissioner for purchase of agricltural land in karnataka . your agricultural back ground should help you in obtaining permission 

3) non-agriculturists who purchase farm land under this Act have to use it for agricultural purposes only
If you are a native of Karnataka,means your forefathers were and had farm.land or else any other part of India with same status of having farm.land by grandparents, you can get a certificate from the concerned village officer/talati that you are a farmer.
In Karnataka you should produce the cer to fixate showing that you are a farmer to buy an agricultural land.
Otherwise you should buy land in a state where such restrictions are not there and certify yourself as a farmer to buy land in Karnataka .Telengana has an exception 
You can any time go for lease and do farming without showing that you are from agricultural background.
The land reforms law stands changed in Karnataka.
Now even non-agriculturists can purchase agricultural landed property upto Rs. 25 lakhs.
Since you have a professional  agricultural background you should present your credentials if there should be any hassle while venting out for purchase.
The reply to all your questions is that you can purchase agricultural landed property even if you are a non-agriculturist.
The Karnataka Land Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2015, passed by the state legislature raised the annual income limit for acquiring land by persons not engaged in agriculture from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 25 lakh. The amendment also empowers deputy commissioners in districts to double the area of land that can be acquired by non-agriculturists for industrial, educational, religious, housing and horticulture purposes.