• Defamation suit

I was terminated by my senior on disciplinary grounds without any enquiry. i was not at fault. the enquiry was setup after my termination. can i file defamation suit against the individual who took the decision of my termination.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Yes you can file a defamation suit before civil court. you can also challenge the termination too before labour court.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4917 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Will you be able to establish that enquiry was after your termination? More important is to check if there was any breach of terms and conditions of employment. If so than first you think of getting compensation. For defamation check if you have sufficient documents or witnesses. Normally in such cases success rate is low.

Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Do not file such a suit without setting aside of your termination as u say without inquiry u r terminated. After court order in your favour you are automatically relieved and it will take less time to fight your case.
Naveen Malik
Advocate, Chandigarh
3 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

You can certainly file for defamation, but whether or not you will succeed in your legal pursuit will depend on whether you will be able to prove that your termination was illegal. 

Alternatively, you can challenge your termination before a court of law.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23475 Answers
654 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer