• Property rights

I bought a aartment from the money got it from sale of my old house in chennai.
Newly bought apartment is in my name.
My husband and mother in laws signed as a  witness .... By any chance in the future is it possible for them to claim on my property.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Your husband can succeed to your property only after your lifetime. During your lifetime he has no right of succession to your property.

1) your husband has no share in property standing in your name during your lifetime 

2) similarly your MIL has no share in said property 

1) you can contact a local lawyer to draft your will 

2) since court has passed orders  to adopt a daughter you can execute will bequeathing property to your mother and adopted daughter 

3) will should be attested by 2 witnesses 

The property bought on your name will remain your own property for ever until you alienate or transfer the same to someone else's name. 
Nobody can claim any right over it for any reason.

After intestate death, the property of the deceased shall devolve on the class I legal heirs of the deceased.  Hence you may make a testamentary disposition of your property by bequeathing the same vide a registered will in favor of the beneficiary of your choice, then your husband or any other non-beneficiaries cannot claim any share out of the properties so bequeathed.

Your mother will not succeed to your property unless your husband and children predecease you. 

If you wish to make a will then get it drafted from a lawyer. Through a will the owner can give his property to anyone he desires including a total stranger