• What action a school can take against fee defaulters

There are lots of complains against school specially big schools, I am running a small school and tying to educate nearby children with minimum fee and maximum teaching facilities. But several parents use to not paying fee in time or delaying the payment making lots of excuses and before or after the final exam change to a big school without paying our fee. This act of these parents making us merciless towards those parents who are facing financial trouble for any reason. 
what action the school can take against the will full fee defaulters ?
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
The school authorities can issue legal demand notice to the parents of the children who have defaulted the payment of fee. 
If the parents do not comply with the demand, a money recovery suit can be filed against them, however see what and how much worth it is to file a civil suit.
If the fee amount is very less, you can file the case in the small cause court too. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35639 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The school can expel the students who have committed default. Furthermore, it can file a suit for recovery of money against them to recover the arrears of fee with interest. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if school fees are not paid it should be made clear that student would not be allowed to give exams 

2) it is in your interest to convey  the rules and regulations in writing at time of admission of students to your school 

3) only if parents agree should admission be granted 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45473 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer