• Ownership transfer

I had bought a property when I was unmarried in the name of my sister-in-law. Now that I am married, I want the property ownership to be changed to me and my wife. Which type of deed should I go for in this case? I am hopeful that there are no encumbrances on the property, but not completely sure.

Thanks.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
1) your sister in law can execute gift deed in your favour and that of your wife 

2) have it duly stamped and regd 

Your SIL is required to execute a gift deed in favour of you and your wife. Conduct due diligence through your lawyer in the office of sub-registrar to ascertain the status of encumbrance.

Since you have bought the property on your sister in law's name, now it becomes her own and absolute property, hence she has to either execute a registered sale deed or gift in your favor for transferring the property in your name or in the name of the person you wanted it to be transferred.  
You must talk to her and convince about it because it is a delicate subject