• Non-delivery of plot and non-refund of money

I had entered into agreement with a developer to buy a NA plot and paid part amount. The developer could not deliver the plot and agreed to refund the amount with interest. However he has only refunded 30% of the amount. The balance amount is yet to be refunded. Should I file a civil case or a case in consumer court?
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
1) you can move consumer forum against builder for deficiency of service and seek refund of bakance amount with interest 

2) also seek compensation and litigation costs 

3) yiu save on court fees if you move consumer forum 

You can file a suit for recovery of money with compensation against the developer in the civil court. Consumer court can also be moved. The time consumed will be more or less the same. 

You can issue a legal demand notice to him demanding the return of the balance amount,if he fails to respond or comply with the demand made, you may file a money recovery suit through civil court, besides, you may lodge a complaint with the police also.

You can file both civil recovery suit  as well as consumer complaint.

Also you can file criminal case, if you suspect that, the Developer has collected the money from with the intention to cheat you.