• Insult and criminal intimidation on religious grounds

Resepected Sir, 
                          Since the last few weeks my self and my colleagues have been subjected to criminal intimidation and humiliation while being threatened and obstructed from exercising our civil rights in our own property. 
Facts: Myself and My colleagues have recently come to be employed by a firm that is situated in a gated and walled compound. There is a hindu temple opposite this compound and a small narrow pathway that  clearly separates this compound from the temple. recently some local bigots have taken to threatening us demanding that we should not sit or generally be seen inside our own companies compound because our mere presence in proximity to  the temple violates the sanctity of the area and  is offensive to their religious sentiments, even though we are working in our own compound that is clearly separated from the temple by a pathway and is also walled off. yesterday I was approached by one such person who threatened me with dire consequences saying that christians and muslims are not welcome in the vicinity of the temple.
please advice if there is any  legal action that we can take to protect ourselves and our livelihood.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Christian
1) record threats 

2) file complaint of criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC against said persons 

3) you can also move court and obtain njunction restraining them from disturbing your peaceful possession of the premises 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44240 Answers
2567 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is absurd. You should go to the nearest police station to lodge a FIR for criminal intimidation and unreasonable restraint against these people. They are liable to be arrested and punished with an imprisonment of up to 7 years on being found guilty.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer