• Divorce suggestion

Dear Sir,
I got married on April 2002 and had son on jan 2003, I had been sent too my parents house on 2002 end, said to come after child birth, but later they forced me to stay at parents house and doing job from their and when I returned back there twice they said me u can not stay here without doing job.. they always asking money from me and when stopped giving money to them as I was not able to bear sons school and laws demand, they mentally harassed me a lot.. and they never gave me and for son a singal rupees. and I am peaced off with them and want to file for divorce case but he denied to give now.. suggest me sir how can I get rid off them as dont want to see them again even..
Please, please please help
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Burdwan, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
Hi. you can file divorce case based on cruelty  meted out them if the court feel that the good grounds court will grant divorce based on the cruelty and so also on the ground of desertion, you have separated from your husband since 2003. it is good ground for divorce under desertion.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4577 Answers
208 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. If he has denied to give divorce then you may unilaterally apply for divorce on the ground of mental trauma you suffered at his hands.

2. Along with divorce you may also apply for maintenance for yourself and your son as it is his duty as a husband and father to maintain both of you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer