• Company did not pay the due amount

I provided my digital marketing services to a company in gurgaon which own audi gurgaon and audi delhi central showroom dealership. this company terminated the contract in august 2013 without any notice and assured us for the due payment very soon. i kept following them via email , personal meeting and also via phone.but they did not entertained me or my request . their assistant manager always spoke lies via email and also avoided us . let me know what all i 
can i do legally against this company and its manager .also how can get my payment
Asked 10 years ago in Business Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

You will have to file a case under S.420 IPC against the company in the criminal court.


Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


You must get a legal notice sent to the company regarding the due amount. Since this one is a purely commercial transaction, it is difficult to make out a criminal case of cheating. The course of action will depend on the total amount due, since it will give a fair idea as to the expense involved in fighting the case.



Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
36 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Issue a legal notice for recovery. If it proves futile then file a case for recovery. A criminal case for cheating would not be made out in the facts of this case.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If they have admitted the dues, you also have an option to file Winding Petition in the state hight court where company has got registered office. Seek winding up of the company claiming that company is unable to pay the dues and it has to be liquidated to recover the dues payable to you.

Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
418 Answers
154 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue a legal notice under section 433 of companies act, for Winding up petition..

Pawan Kumar
Advocate, Chandigarh
6 Answers
1 Consultation

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer