• Can I file a defamation suit and in which court

I have long since left a Company at a very senior level position, in mutual consent with the Management. All Exit formalities have been duly completed. However,

1. It is more than 2 months that my entitled dues have yet to be paid. I have sent several mails to this effect, but the same have remained unanswered. 

2. The Company is still using my name illegally on their website as their representative in India as of date.

This Company is a an off-shore entity and carrying out business out of India, without proper registration as required by Indian Company Act. 

Request, please advice suitably for further action
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) issue legal notice to company to pay your outstanding dues

2) also request  the company not to use your name on the website as you  are  no longer working for the organisation 

3)if the company fails to do so file suit against company to recover your dues and injunction restraining company from using your nae on their website
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46845 Answers
2770 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no defamation committed by the company. The remedy for you is to file a lawsuit for recovery to recover the arrears of your salary and a separate lawsuit for injunction to restrain the company from using your name on the website.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23166 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You first issue legal notice to the company instructing them to refrain themselves from using your name anymore in any aspect and for anything especially when you have already disassociated yourself from the company ever since you have resigned the post. You can warn them of strict legal action if they are found to continue with this illegal action harming your reputation and personal liberty and rights. Subsequently you may proceed against them legally as per the provisions of law for the purpose. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36996 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer