1. You have signed an agreement with your earlier Company fpor not joining its clients for one year,
2. This is a perfectly valid term and you are legally bound to comply with the terms of the agreement you have signed . with your said employer,
3. Your earlirer Company can certainly take you to Court filing damage suit and/or suit or specific performance which you shall have to contest,
4. However, it is also a fact that such cases take years to be disposed of for which no Company normally prefers to take its ex-employees to Court for breaking agreement terms and restrains itself in issuing lawyer's notice only to scare them,
5. So, the best course of action for you shall be to resign from the aid client Company to rejoin hem after one year,
6. If that is not posible, then continue working there with ye risk of attending Court should your earlier company files any suit against byou,
7. Try to amicably settle with our earlier company.