• Divorce of my younger sister

My sister got married two yrs back and the boy in INR leaving in London having green card.

And my sister is spouse visa valid till 2015. She leaved in London for the period Feb 2013 to sept 2013.

She want divorce. What will be the procedure for the same as boy leave in UK.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu

In case the couple got married in India, your sister can apply for Divorce at the Family Court in whose jurisdiction the marriage had taken place. You will have to get the summons served in UK to proceed further in the matter.

In case the Marriage took place in UK and is registered there, then the application for Divorce will be filed in UK as per their laws.

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
33 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes she can apply for divorce in the delhi court. The notice of filing of the divorce petition will be sent to the defendant by the court and not you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer