Import sex toy from aliexpress
i have purchased a masturbator toy electronic item from aliexpress which costed me RS.2250.
item is discretely packaged and mentions that it is a plastic toy.
today i received a show cause notice as below...
==>note:item 1, 9, were ticked in that so i must give those
sub:- detention cum show cause notice of parcel bearing noXXXXXXX
In this regard, it is to inform you that the above parcel has been received by the Foreign Post Office, Ahmedabad which attracts Customs Duty.
You are, therefore, requested to furnish the following SELF CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS to this office as early as possible. .
1.Purchase Invoice/Commercial Invoice. .
2. Transactions details/payment details.
3. Copy of Import-Export Code Certificate, if any. . ,
4. Technical Write up/Literature/Catalogue of the imported items.
5. Duty Exemption Notification no., if intended to claim.
6. End Use Certificate on company letter head.
7. In case of free samples, declaration should be filed as per Customs Notification NO.154/94~C 13.07.1994 along with the copy of IEc
8. Declare the value of the goods for assessment purpose, in case of goods received as gift. 9. You are also requested to refer Notification S.O.No.1056(E), dated 31.12.1993 issued by the ‘ ministry of Commerce regarding prohibition of import of goods which are liable for confiscation and release on fine and penalty under the Customs Act,1962. 10. As per Wireless Planning Coordination (WPC) guidelines, NOC from WPC is required for the
release of the said parcel. Therefore, you are requested to submit the NOC form WPC as early as possible so that we may enable to release your goods
11. If imported items falls under Chapter 29, 30 and 33, the compliance Requirement (CCRs) for clearance the same is required No Objection Certificate from ADC for the items are pharmaceutical Grade/ Drugs/Medicines/Cosmetics etc. '
in case of any contravention of Customs Act,1962, you are also requested to specifically
state whether you would like have show cause notice and also inform whether you want to be
heard in person before adjudication or otherwise. \1/ M.
IN CASE YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN CLAIMING THE PARCEL, YOU MAY GIVE IN WRlTlNG TO RETURN THE PARCEL BACK TO THE SENDER. ‘
Asked in Family Law from Rajkot, Gujarat
Furnish the papers and information as sought for. A fine is likely to be imposed.
If you are apprehended of coercive legal action then you may refuse to revive the article.
Import of sex toys in India is illegal and u/s 111 & 112 of the Custom Act, 1962 you can be served notice and followed by penalty and legal conviction. Sp reply to the notice through your lawyer.
1) you should reply to show cause notice
2) submit copy of documents sought by authorities
3) mention that item was imported for personal use
4) please note that import of sex toys is illegal and is liable to be confiscated
if i do not claim and write them to return parcel to sender then what could be effects of this.
Asked 1 year ago
1) you can give in writing to return parcel to the sender and that you don't want personal hearing
2) in such a case sex toy would not be confiscated and penalty may not be imposed upon you
If you are not submitting satisfactory reply or you disclaim the parcel item and would give your consent to return it, the authorities may return the same to the sender, or if your still want to contest their legal action, the authorities, if not convinced by your reply and find that this contradicting the law or rules, they may confiscate the item. No further lea action may be taken against you.
The matter may end right there, but they have the authority to prosecute you under Customs Act. So get the reply drafted by a lawyer.