• Whether to vacate or rent the bank

We have a (approx 4000 sq ft) land i.e. occupied by a Govt bank for decades (since my grandfather's time). Rent agreement has been lapsed and the bank has been paying the same amount since 1995.  They convinced my father to pay ?10.50/sq ft (as govt bank vis-a-vis private bank can't pay more)  and not willing to vacate(coz they are using the land for a long time) 
# (it was ? 3.30/sq ft earlier) 

whereas another (private) bank adjacent to our land is paying ? 35/ sq ft. 
Though new rent agreement has to be prepared.. I have some queries

1. Can we file plea to vacate the land?
2. If not.. can we negotiate on the term of other bank rent agreement, even if they are private bank and newly occupant of the land?
3. if any danger associated to lose the land if case is to be registered by both parties?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Katihar, Bihar
File a petition for eviction to get back the possession of the land.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24281 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the rent agreement has expired long back, you ought to have filed suit for eviction.  Don't delay now.
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer