• Divorce

Need a shelter & a person who can take care. If I do live with my girl friend can my wife take any kind of legal action (my divorce case is pending)?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu
yes your wife an take action as you are committing offence of adultery. till finalisation of divorce case

During the pendency of your divorce and till the appeal stage is over , you can not be  either in a live-in- relationship or get married. Since the proof s are important in the court while you deal with a divorce matter, your stay at her place or her stay at your place can go against your pending suit. This relation ship can be a brought to establish ground of adultery in a family court or in a marriage petition. Whereas IPC does not have provision to charge you if your girl friend is not a married woman. Having a relationship with a married woman knowing that she is married is adultery as per indian penal code.
It is advisable that till your petition for divorce get finalised do not stay together with your girlfriend.
Thanks.
Adv.Treasa  G Mathew, Mumbai