• Divorce

Need a shelter & a person who can take care. If I do live with my girl friend can my wife take any kind of legal action (my divorce case is pending)?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
yes your wife an take action as you are committing offence of adultery. till finalisation of divorce case
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations
3.9 on 5.0
During the pendency of your divorce and till the appeal stage is over , you can not be  either in a live-in- relationship or get married. Since the proof s are important in the court while you deal with a divorce matter, your stay at her place or her stay at your place can go against your pending suit. This relation ship can be a brought to establish ground of adultery in a family court or in a marriage petition. Whereas IPC does not have provision to charge you if your girl friend is not a married woman. Having a relationship with a married woman knowing that she is married is adultery as per indian penal code.
It is advisable that till your petition for divorce get finalised do not stay together with your girlfriend.
Adv.Treasa  G Mathew, Mumbai
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1323 Answers
89 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
15249 Answers
139 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24710 Answers
1323 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18828 Answers
472 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12716 Answers
261 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5839 Answers
63 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3628 Answers
137 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
523 Answers
18 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2871 Answers
43 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
916 Answers
55 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1946 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0