• Got cheated by Country Club / Country Vacation

I got cheated by country vacation (country club branch, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore) dated 3rd January 2016. 

Initially they called me saying that, I won the prize and gift voucher of Rs 25000 come and collect with your wife. 

When I went there they gave presentation for 2 hour by Mr.Kiran they (offered me holiday package with false promises) as listed below.

1.	10 gm Gold Coin
2.	Free Trip to Switzerland for 2 Adults and 2 children for 5 Nights 6 days which includes Free Accommodation, Free Flight tickets and Food
3.	No Annual Maintenance Charges for Club Membership for Life Time with Gold Card
4.	No service tax and No VAT on accommodation for the next 10 years for 6 Nights/7 Days every year in Country Club or in its associated properties, if i pay Rs 3000 on Annual Maintenance.
5.	Free cab facility for pickup and drop from Airport, Railway Station, Bus Station and for local sight seeing
6.	40% discount on flight tickets during travel
7.	I can rent the accommodation of 6N/7D every year at the same cost of the hotel
8.	Additional 3N/4D will be added every year if I plan my travel and book my accommodation 1 month in advance
9.	 Every year i can book 6N/7D accommodation every year local or international  
10.	 I can cancel Membership with 45 days if I’m not interested
11.	 30 free spa coupons every year for the next 10 years

Team also didn’t allow us to take decision later because that offer was valid only during that meeting on the same day.

After taking some time and looking at their lucrative offer, we planned to join that club.
I paid 1.34 lakhs through HDFC credit card and converted into 60 EMI’s

They mentioned i will get the membership card, gift vochures and gold coin within 45 days. All the above promises made by the Marketing person Mr Kiran orally and there is no document provided.

Later on 4th January when I called country club customer care, I came to know all the above promises are fake promises and they mentioned the membership can’t be cancelled as country club doesn’t allow to cancel.

I raised a dispute with HDFC bank and they mentioned they will revert the amount if I submit a cancellation letter from the Merchant (Country Club)

As i don't have a document to prove or file an F.I.R regarding the promises made by them, Please let me know how i can recover my hard earn money from Country Club or from HDFC bank -Thank You in Advance
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Bengaluru, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Country Club and its staff are the biggest fraudsters, if you have the chain of e-mails sent to them asking for cancellation along with receipts for having become the member under the Gold Card scheme, produce it to an advocate, and file a consumer complaint against them, you will get back the amounts together with interest and litigation costs as well.
I am saying this because our office is fighting several cases against this club. this is the best option you have.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
1019 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Country club is one among the biggest fraudulent companies in the country. 
Firstly they will select people with false offers like prize for Rs. 25000/- etc and afterwards, in the meeting they will first pretend to honor you in the crowd or gathering, offer lucrative offers and will be behind you till the time you drain out your purse with the money they are interested about.
They are very clever to not leave any evidence behind to get trapped into legal issues later on.
However there is nothing wrong in issuing them a legal notice based on their oral promises and collecting the money from your through bank transfers or credit card swipes demanding the return of money they collected from you.
After that you may approach the jurisdictional consumer forum with a complaint about the fraud  as well as for mental agony due to thi and can seek compensation, return of your money with interest etc. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37100 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You were naive to believe their word on the face value. The club acted in a very clever manner by not documenting any of the promises made by it. Now issue a lawyer's notice to it to seek refund with compensation for the money paid to it. If it refuses to refund your money then file a lawsuit for recovery of money against it. You do not have any evidence to make them criminally liable. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer