• How best one can use RTI on water crisis widely and deeply

Water crisis existing and impending is not understood as it deserves. I am in the process of applying RTI to Lok Sbha ( for exhaustive discussion and action-bring out white paper?) and  also central Govt. I have many news paper reports and also studied by institutes and individuals on the subject. As of now my feeling is RTI is limited and made to suit establishment, meaning politicians and Executives/Babus/moneyed. 
How best can i explore? What avenues? While i am as an water devotee and i find myself in a helpless and  a kind of desperateness.
I wish i should share  all the data/input i ahve with some legal luminaries who can help me.
'No water,no blue,no green and no life'. 'Feel reverence to water. Water is life. life itself'. It is amazing make in India,digital India..... that & this India suffer hugely, if not come to a standstill and lead to unheard human sufferings, if there is no adequate water India. It is pure common sense.
It is great service  to humanity,if we can take it up seriously.
Warm regards.
Asked 2 years ago in Constitutional Law from Bengaluru, Karnataka
1) you can contact your local member of Parliament and ask him to raise the issue in Lok Sabha during question hour 

2) the govt  will submit a detailed reply asked on the available information 

3) there can be an exhaustive discussion on Parliament based on your inputs and reply given by government 

4) RTI  would not be of much help in this regard 

5) yiu can also file PILin this regard in SC of yiu so desire 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44326 Answers
2574 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

RTI is not going to work in your case. If you have collected data and you want the government to address the issue of water scarcity then some binding directions can be sought through a PIL, but it is imperative that you do your homework religiously before going to court. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer