• Heritage

Farmer Whether Farmers Son can enter his name in Property Card When Farmer is alive
Asked 12 days ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

Father can execute gift deed for agricultural land in son name . Then only son name can be entered into in property card 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95502 Answers
7653 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- As per law, without being the joint owner of the land , the son even cannot enter his name in property card.

- Further, if father is owner of the land , then he can transfer the son by way of gift deed. 

- Farmer Property Card is issued to the owner of the land. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13720 Answers
207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Under Hindu law, a farmer's son can typically enter his name on the property card while the farmer is still alive if the property is ancestral or if the farmer voluntarily transfers the property to his son through a legal process such as a gift deed, will, or family arrangement. However, the son cannot unilaterally add his name without the farmer's consent.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9402 Answers
112 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

The property should be transferred to his son's name in order to make the son the owner/shareholder of the property.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85705 Answers
2265 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No he can only do that after his death or only with consent of farmer if he relinquishes his right

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32243 Answers
187 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Yes. If it is inherited then automatically his right survives by way of inheritance. If it is self occupied property of father he may mutate his name in the property, however cannot dispose of his share or such whole parcel of land without prior consent of father. Needless to mention that the mutation of name in the revenue records does not create any civil rights in favor of the son in abeyance to rights that his father holds in such land. It is also necessary to mention that if the father was tenant under old tenancy act and has not been able to hold ownership by way of regularising the land under new act, the son cannot have inherited right in the tenancy land.  

Pooja Ashar
Advocate, Ahmedabad
236 Answers
4 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer