• Property/apartment visit before purchase

Dear Property Lawyers,

Recently, I have invested in Lodha Groups' project named Palava City in Thane District. The property I have invested in is a ready to move apartment and directly purchased from the builder. 

The sales team of Lodha Group has told me that they are not authorized to show the ready flat, which I have booked, before registration is complete. This has raised my suspicion about the flat. Please suggest if there is a law which entitles me to see the property before complete payment. 

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin Kriplani
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) in fact  the builder should first offer inspection of flat before sale deed is executed 

2) the objective being purchaser cannot later raise grievance that flat is not as per the specifications 

3) dont make payment and execute sale deed unless flat is offered for inspection 
Hi, this is the cock and bull story of the Lodha Group.

2. Don't purchase the property until you will see the apartment.It is your right to see the apartment before purchasing.

1. There is no specific law that on mere booking you can inspect the flat if at the very beginning before buying the property you didn't inspect it.
2. However after making considerable payment you can demand to check the flat which the builder is bound to allow.
3. Anyway the sales team sometime do not have access to property. You can ask for inspection from some other competent officials of builder.
1. You were supposed to inspect the reday to move in flat before paying yur booking amount,

2. You should send a letter to the Company bu speed post informing it that you wan to inspect it with in 15 days before paying the balance amount,

3. If the Company refuses to allow you to inspect your fact, you can approach the consumer court,

4. Alternatively, you can approach the consumer court after you take possession of the flat if you find anything wrong in construction alleging that you were restrained from inspecting your flat by the Company before buying it.
The logic of buying any product is for possessing it, therefore it is essential to see/inspect/verify/confirm  the product before buying it.  
The refusal by Lodha Groups to show the ready built flat intended to buy certainly raises suspicion.  It is not necessary to buy a property which would not suit your taste or is not worth buying without confirming its genuineness.
You may insist on it, if the front desk staff speak rubbish rules, you may approach the   management level staff or the person who interacted to promote this sales on behalf of the company, if nothing works, you may abruptly issue notice terminating the agreement and seek full refund since the company has breached the natural justice by not allowing you to inspect the property you intend to purchase.  
You may even adopt legal options if the company fails to respond to the refund.