• Fssai food article seizure

FSSAI has put Order of Seizure at my Shop and has taken Video and Photo they have written
“All the food products available at the premise has been taken in Video n Photo. Since the products are detained at your custody it is ordered not to interfare with the product till further orders”
And directing us to keep in your safe custody.

Since this is my shop and we need to open it
Can we make video and pack all the food products that are seized and keep it safe, and continue running shop as we sell other non-food items like Cosmetics, shampoo soap detergent etc. As well ?
Asked 7 months ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

You cannot pack food products and keep it in other containers 


you can request FSSAI to demarcate area for storage of food products 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95146 Answers
7597 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you need to open the shop for continuing your business, you may have to get the release order from the authorities concerned. 

If you open your shop for business without obtaining the permission, then the authorities may pass an order to seal the shop and file a case before court, in that situation you cannot open the shop before the disposal of the case.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85348 Answers
2227 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You should generally abide by the order and not attempt to make video recordings or pack the seized food products without proper authorization from the FSSAI or relevant authorities if the FSSAI has issued an order of seizure for food products in your shop and directed you not to interfere with the seized products. Still, you might be able to run your store selling non-food items like shampoo, soap, and detergent. You are free to keep selling these non-food items as long as the seizure order only applies to the food products and does not restrict their sale, without violating the FSSAI rules and regulation.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9153 Answers
111 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

you may be able to continue running your shop and selling non-food items, you should not attempt to handle or sell any of the seized food products. Doing so could be considered contempt of court and could result in further legal action.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can’t touch the same as it will result in evidence tampering or other charges on you. You can do that with the authority permission only 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32146 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

- YES , you can continue your business as your shop is not sealed by the officials 

- However , you are bound to comply the direction given by the officials , and you can also move an application before the competent authority as well for getting order 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13486 Answers
200 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer