Report the matter to police.
I am being black mailed by lady who befriended me, acoompanied me to a hotel, took a selfie photograph while I was sleeping and she was scantily dressed
First answer received in 10 minutes.
Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.
Report the matter to police.
No need to bow down to pressure tactics
2) she had consensual sex with you
3) don’t make any payments
Looks like she's now trying to frame you. Do your independent research to find out if she's part of a gang, because these kinds of incidents are on the rise. If not try to find out if she has previously duped innocents like you. Once you have a little material/proof with you, report her to Police. Till then, keep ignoring her.
This is routine practice in this area.
1. Try to collect some evidence of blackmailing in form of call recordings or otherwise and then make a complaint to the police.
2. Go to the police, make a complaint and let the police laid a trap to catch blackmailer.
First solution is recommended so that you dont overly dependent on police to prove things.
You allowed her to accompany you till inside the hotel room and you say that she took selfie when you were asleep.
The police may not believe your tale even if you approach them with a criminal complaint.
Hence you may have to change the story in a different manner to lodge a criminal complaint against her this blackmail act.
You don’t get blackmailed and file police complaint you can contact me through kaanoon for better assistance
If you need any further assistance for the same.You can approach me through Kaanoon or LinkedIn.
You can ping me on 09 yu 769 fg 490 ghj 911
- Supreme court declared that , when a man and a woman in love live together , is part of the right to life and not a criminal offence, and further live-in relationships is legal in India.
- Further,Supreme Court has held that rape charge cannot be invoked in case of consensual sex between iive-in partners
- Since, the said lady is black mailing you in the garb of said selfie , hence her such act is against the law.
- You can lodge a complaint/information with police for your safety against her for extortion under section 384 of IPC, and for threatening to implicate in false cases.
presuming she is not minor,
1. You should report the matter to the police.
2. you can trap her red handed while taking money from you with the help of the police.
3. first of all talk to your family and take them in confidence and then approach the police.
I am afraid of a black mail and / or extortion.
Record the threats
file police complaint against lady for extortion under section 384 of IPC
Getting afraid would not solve your problem and this fear will subject you to get black mailed. So have courage and report the matter to police. Sometime attack is best defense.
Blackmailing is a form of extortion in which a person threatens to reveal or publicize some information that is damaging or embarrassing to another person, unless the latter complies with certain demands, such as money, sexual favors, or other benefits. Blackmailing is a criminal offense in India, punishable under sections 383 to 389 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), 1860. The punishment for blackmailing can be imprisonment for up to three years, or fine, or both.
Some of the steps that you can take to deal with blackmailing are as follows:
Contact the Police: If you believe you are a victim of blackmail or extortion, you should contact your local police station to report the incident. Provide them with all the details, including any evidence you may have, such as messages, photographs, or other relevant documents.
Collect Evidence: To strengthen your case, gather any evidence you have that shows the blackmail or extortion attempts. This could include text messages, emails, or any other communication that demonstrates the threats or demands.
Seek Legal Counsel: Consult with a lawyer who specializes in criminal law as soon as possible. They can advise you on the best course of action, help you understand your rights, and guide you through the legal process.
Refrain from Negotiating: Avoid engaging with the blackmailer or giving in to their demands. Continuing communication with them might not only worsen the situation but also be used against you.
File a Complaint: Work with your lawyer to draft a formal complaint to be submitted to the police. Ensure it includes all the relevant information and evidence.
Protection Order: If you feel that your safety is at risk, you can consider requesting a protection order or restraining order against the blackmailer. Your lawyer can help you with this process.
Maintain Records: Keep a record of all interactions with the blackmailer, including dates, times, and details of conversations. This documentation can be crucial as evidence.
Cooperate with the Investigation: If the police decide to investigate the matter, cooperate fully with them. Provide any additional information or evidence they may request.
Privacy Measures: Review your online presence and privacy settings on social media platforms to prevent further information from being used against you.
Stay Informed: Be aware of the relevant laws and legal procedures related to blackmail and extortion in your jurisdiction. Your lawyer can keep you informed about the progress of your case.
There is no reason for you to get frightened unless you have committed any offence or wrong thing.
What is that preventing you from lodging a a criminal complaint agaisnt her for such offences?
1. you can file a written complaint against her under sec 503 IPC
2. you should take anticipatory bail if you suspect she can file fake case against you.
You do not have to be afraid. If you are being blackmailed, and you feel you were trapped and cheated, go to Police.
File police complaint.
Do as aforesaid
- You should not attend her call or messages
- Nowadays , many girls are doing such type of business to earn money , and hence you can avoid to receive her call , and don't pay any amount to her .
- Further, if she is engaged in such activity , then she cannot lodge a complaint against you , otherwise she will also trap by the police .
Kindly file police complaint her against black mailing on false sexual harassment ground, by mutual consent she came with you in the hotel.
First let her ask money from you against those clips or photos keep evidence of that call etc.