• I was booked under section 420 & 506 but which is illegally booked

Sir im pradeep kumar samantaray running a coaching institution with hostel facilities in bhubaneswar last 5 years.but last years april 2014 i was taken a house rent for coaching Rs-54,000/- per month in B.J.B Nagar,bbsr with 3 years of agreement.but after 6 months my landlord told me that maximum persons are requesting me the house in high prices. so that either you will increase the house rent with a new agreement or you have to vacant the house within 1 month.he has a strong link with police department,because he himself a ret. chief commissioner from IT department and one of his brother in law is a ret. DGP( Director general of Police).in his threatened i afraid and i singed some of documents without any verification.then rapidly he harassment me mentally and threatened me that "when i want i will through you from my house". as well as baragada IIC also threatened me that what the house owner told you you have to obey his word and every months you will give us some pocket money unless you will be in trouble.oneday i told to my house owner that please iam a honest and simple teacher kindly don't tortured me.from that day he taken all conctact numbers of the students and told them that your teacher not paid the house rent so that kindly leave the hostel because im going to luck it.so that all students wants to refund there money on the same day to change the hostel.IIC also told to the students give me a FIR against him i will collect the money from him.when students given FIR ,i arranged the total money to refund the students, but IIC told me that you will refund the students money,but what about our charges, i told him what charges sir ,IIC told me that i convinced all the students not to destroyed your institutional equipment,but they are ready to break your all institutional equipment.i told him how much your charges he told me 40/50 thousands minimum.but i told him that sir you are the proctor of public but for protection if you will charge such type of things that where public will get protection.he tremendously angry on me and told me now im seeing you what is law and whats the power of us.he seized my money and arrested me under section 420 and 506.when im in jail my parents are arranged the money very difficulties and paid to the students.after my bailed and granted my money to refund me back by the court again the police taken 50% of sized money and told me that i will give the charge-sheet in favor of you,so that you case will be closed very soon.and the landlord threatened me that when you are in jain maximum portion of my house are scratched and some of are broken.so that give me minimum 50000/- for repairing unless again you will go to jail.please give me the suggection what i will do.your sincerely pradeep kumar samantaray
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Religion: Hindu
Dear Querist
File  a complaint against all of them before police or Court for extortion and blackmailing and fight your case on merit with the help of lawyer if you think that you are unable to fight the legal battle.

Feel Free to Call 
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
225 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You should not have succumbed to his tactics. One petition in the HC by you would have been enough to neutralize his links. You are suffering this misery because you did not engage a lawyer at the appropriate time. Even now you should opt to contest the case on merits and further move the High Court for necessary protection and action against the guilty officials. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23097 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It s good that you are finally out on bail so you can now start new ways for your protection.
2. I find little promise in the police action as afar favourable charge sheet is concerned. Do remember that charge sheet once filed will make you face the trial.
3. SO get prepared for proving your innocence in trial.
4. The landlord however can not force you to compensate him.
So engage a good lawyer and prepare for the trial.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13126 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Such type of atrocities by the people in power have become a common affair.  No doubt they dont have any power to harass you but still they do that utilising your weakness. The problem with you was that you were frightened in the initial stage itself seeing the big occupations of the owner and his relatives and their influence.  You should have revolted against them in the initial stage itself which would have brought the things under control.  Now if you want to get rid of all these troubles and tortures, you may negotiate the deal and settle the scores and leave the place or you can stand up and fight the evil.  Initially the  issue only will look aggressive, later on when the matter is under trial before court, it will gradually get diffused and weaken, so catch hold a good and prudent advocate who will be able to get you out of the all these crisis legally. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36820 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer