• Illegal construction of wall at agricultural land.

We have agriculture land in India. My uncle constructed a wall 
At agriculture land without our permission. Please provide us how we can dispute this legally. What are the laws for NRI.
Asked 11 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Other

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

I presume you are co owner of agricultural land 


2) if uncle has erected wall on common land without your consent file suit seek court orders to demolish the wall 


3) also complain to local panchayat office against the wall 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94965 Answers
7576 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no special law or privilege for NRI. As per law no construction of permanent nature be raised in agricultural land. Report the matter to police, tehsildar and file case for permanent and mandatory injunction. You can act through your special attorney.   

Siddharth Srivastava
Advocate, Delhi
1256 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

You need to file suit against it. If the land comes under corporation then you can also file complaint there

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32093 Answers
183 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

If the wall is constructed in your land or obstructing your easement rights or the pathway  stopping your ingress and egress or access to your land, you may file a suit for mandatory injunction to direct him to remove the same or the court to demolish the same directly by due process of law.

Please note that there is no special law for NRI and the law of the land  is common for all.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85166 Answers
2222 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There are no special laws for NRIs in such matters. Please issue a legal notice demanding removal of the wall within a set deadline. If there is no response, proceed to file a suit at the proper court in consultation with a competent lawyer.

Swaminathan Neelakantan
Advocate, Coimbatore
2823 Answers
20 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Client,

If someone constructs a wall on your land, obstructs your easement rights, or blocks your pathway, you can file a lawsuit to have the wall removed. You can either ask the court to order the person to remove the wall themselves, or you can ask the court to demolish the wall itself.

There is no special law for NRIs in this matter. The law of the land is the same for everyone, regardless of their nationality.


Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
9028 Answers
110 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

- You can file an Injunction suit before the court for the demolition of the wall . 

- If you are living abroad , then this suit can be filed by any of the claimant of the agriculture land . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13377 Answers
199 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear sir, 


if your seeking a legal reply, then put your question properly. Please specify whether he made a boundary wall with encroachment?   What is your grievance?

Ajeesh Kalathil Gopi
Advocate, New Delhi
10 Answers

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer