• Error in date of birth

Dear sir/madam, I am from Porbandar, Gujarat. I am facing a minor problem with regards to my date of birth. My original DOB is [deleted] i.e 7th of April 1995 but due to late registration it is mentioned as [deleted] i.e 7th of May 1995 in my school result and leaving certificate it is mentioned as 07-04 but my old passport says it as 07-05 the passport is currently expired and i want to renew the same. 
 In that process they (passport agent) are asking for my school result in which the date doesn't matches the birth certificate so can you just please guide me in order to make all the documents of same date ?

 Yours faithfully,
Asked 10 years ago in Civil Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

Dear you need to get amended birth certificate to produce before passport authority.

Rest I have something for you to tell

so contact on

Mahesh Vyas
Advocate, Bikaner
29 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

Go directly to the official passport site and fill up the form as per the directions given in the form. To be on the safe side make a declaration in the newspapers regarding your correct DOB. also get an affidavit prepared with the same declaration.

it will hopefully solve your problems.


Tulika Prakash

Advocate-on Record, Supreme Court of India



Regd. off. 15th level, Eros Corporate Tower,

Nehru Place, New Delhi.

SC off: 308 C.K. Daphtary Block

Tilak Lane, New Delhi-110001

Res./Off: A-34 Sector 52

NOIDA, U.P.201301



T: +[deleted]

Tulika Prakash
Advocate, Gurgaon
113 Answers
77 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) on the basis of your birth ceritifcate make application to your school board and get your DOB rectified in school leaving certificate

2) if more than 2 years have passed then Board will refuse to change DOB in school leaving certificate .

3) you would need court order for rectifying DOB in school certificate

4) after changes are made in your school certificate you would be able to change DOB in passport

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95212 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Make an application to your school board to get the DOB rectified. The time limit to apply to board in this regard is 2 years from the date of issuing the school leaving certificate.

2. The school board is likely to take a few months in considering the application for rectification of DOB in your school leaving certificate.

3. If there is inordinate delay in the exercise by the board then you may move to court.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Apply before the school board for changing your date of birth in their records and the school leaving certificate if you have passed less than two years before,

2. If not, file a declaratory suit praying for a direction that your actual date of birth may be declared as 07.4.1995 and the scholl board may be directed to issue you a fresh school leaving certificate duly correcting the date of birth.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer