Dear sir/madam, I am from Porbandar, Gujarat. I am facing a minor problem with regards to my date of birth. My original DOB is 07-04-1995 i.e 7th of April 1995 but due to late registration it is mentioned as 07-05-1995 i.e 7th of May 1995 in my school result and leaving certificate it is mentioned as 07-04 but my old passport says it as 07-05 the passport is currently expired and i want to renew the same.
In that process they (passport agent) are asking for my school result in which the date doesn't matches the birth certificate so can you just please guide me in order to make all the documents of same date ?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Porbandar, Gujarat
Dear you need to get amended birth certificate to produce before passport authority.
Rest I have something for you to tell
so contact on
Go directly to the official passport site and fill up the form as per the directions given in the form. To be on the safe side make a declaration in the newspapers regarding your correct DOB. also get an affidavit prepared with the same declaration.
it will hopefully solve your problems.
Advocate-on Record, Supreme Court of India
TULIKA PRAKASH AND ASSOCIATES
Regd. off. 15th level, Eros Corporate Tower,
Nehru Place, New Delhi.
SC off: 308 C.K. Daphtary Block
Tilak Lane, New Delhi-110001
Res./Off: A-34 Sector 52
1) on the basis of your birth ceritifcate make application to your school board and get your DOB rectified in school leaving certificate
2) if more than 2 years have passed then Board will refuse to change DOB in school leaving certificate .
3) you would need court order for rectifying DOB in school certificate
4) after changes are made in your school certificate you would be able to change DOB in passport
1. Make an application to your school board to get the DOB rectified. The time limit to apply to board in this regard is 2 years from the date of issuing the school leaving certificate.
2. The school board is likely to take a few months in considering the application for rectification of DOB in your school leaving certificate.
3. If there is inordinate delay in the exercise by the board then you may move to court.
1. Apply before the school board for changing your date of birth in their records and the school leaving certificate if you have passed less than two years before,
2. If not, file a declaratory suit praying for a direction that your actual date of birth may be declared as 07.4.1995 and the scholl board may be directed to issue you a fresh school leaving certificate duly correcting the date of birth.