• Redevelopment of my society building in Borivali

I am a resident of a society in borivali. The society is in the process of redevelopment and the committee members are going to sign the redevelopment agreement next week. The present committee was formed without election in 2010. Further they have not signed the m-20 bond. Also they have appointed the developer without calling for tenders. our society is not having conveyance. I have not given consent for redevelopment to the society. I want to file a case in high court against the mc members. I have read somewhere that though the m- 20 has gone , the committee members who have taken charge before 6th September 2012  are still bound under the said rule. so I want to file a case against the mc members and the society. what are my chances of winning.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
you should issue legal notice to society not to award contract for redevelopment without following procedure prescribed under bye laws . 

if inspite of notice society goes ahead then file complaint before registrar in this regard
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45461 Answers
2671 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. Your society not formed as per law and infringed the ample procedures

B. Kindly check society by laws and issue legal notice to  so....called president and other members

C. If society not ready to accept your statement, you can file complaint before registrar.

D. You can't approach High Court directly when alternative remedy available.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
833 Answers
56 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer