• Structure of the property in poor condition

I am holding a shop in a commercial complex in surat , and  the  complex is about 15-20 years of age. But the structure of our complex is very weak and many a time it happened that some ceiling or some part of the staircase or the front elevation falls down . till now no casualty has occurred. but the our building  value has become poor. Now can the builder  or the structual engineer or any other person be held liable for this structure ? the  builder has handed over the administration powers to society . can he be driven to court or not? please guide me for this
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Surat, Gujarat
1. Who is in management of the building. ask him to repair the same asap. 
2. If nay mishap occurs out of this, the person holding management of the building will be held responsible.
3. if this is not enough to make him repair the dangerous portion then file a proceeding u/s 133 crpc.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13188 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) obtain structural engineer report . 

2) based on his report decide on redevleopment of commercial complex with consent of all shop owners . 

3) if complex can be repaired all shop owners should contribute
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46891 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lived with the opinion of Mr. Ajay Sethi.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
838 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer