A person had given me cheque of Rs six lacs which bounced . This happened in February 2014. Can I had served notice to him within 15 days but he did not receive it. Can I file a case in court.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
Can I file a case for a bounced cheque after a year.
Asked 2 years ago
The case had to be filed within a month. It seems that your right to file it is now foreclosed due to the bar of law. Contact your lawyer who issued the notice.
1)you cant file cheque bouncing case now .
2) validity of cheque is 3 months .
3) after intimation of dishonour legal notice has to be issued within 1 month
3) 15 days time period is for drawer to submit reply
4) case has to be filed thereafter within 1 month .
5) you should have filed case by April 2014