• Cheque Bounce

A person had given me cheque of Rs six lacs which bounced . This happened in February 2014. Can I had served notice to him within 15 days but he did not receive it. Can I file a case in court.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
The case had to be filed within a month. It seems that your right to file it is now foreclosed due to the bar of law. Contact your lawyer who issued the notice.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)you cant file cheque bouncing case now . 

2) validity of cheque is 3 months . 

3) after intimation of dishonour legal notice has to be issued within 1 month 

3) 15 days time  period is for drawer to submit reply 

4) case has to be filed thereafter within 1 month . 

5) you should have filed case by April 2014
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44209 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer