• Tenancy Agreement

Hi. My husband owns a property. His brother in the co- owner. He stays outside India. We would like to rent the flat. Is his signatures or consent is required in writing for the tenancy agreement. Please help.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
being co owner his consent in writng is necessary.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

yes consent of both co owners is necessary for giving premises on leave and licence
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46891 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. Yes it is mandatory because of co owners

B. Your husband brother can execute GPA in favour of your husband from foreign country by affixing signature of embassy of the state or any authorized person and paying sufficient stamp duty  and any document executed outside India should have stamped with the duty applicable as per indian stamp rules in India within a period of three months from the date of first receipt of the document in India.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
838 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer